Birmingham International Marathon
Lace up your running shoes, don the famous orange of #TeamOrange and take part in the inaugural Birmingham International Marathon in aid of Thirst Relief. This fantastic 26.2-mile event starts at Alexander Stadium, the home of British Athletics and passes many of the Second City’s iconic landmarks.
#TeamOrange are taking on the Birmingham Marathon on Sunday 15th October for a great cause - building life-changing wells for communities suffering from a lack of clean water.
Registration Fee: £55
Minimum Sponsorship: £300
I have my own place
I need to register
If you've already registered for the race, we'd love you to fundraise for Penny Appeal!
Simply click the button above to join #TeamOrange for this challenge.
General entries for this race are now closed.
However, #TeamOrange will also be taking part in the Great Birmingham Run half marathon (13.1 miles) taking place on the same day. Sign up now!
Why run for Penny Appeal?
This challenge will raise money for our Thirst Relief appeal. By running for us you will save the lives of people without access to clean water.
You can provide clean water by building a well in your name or that of a loved one. We have three suggested sponsorship goals for this event:
- £300 for one well
- £900 for three wells
- £4,000 for a Deep Water Well
A community well represents health and prosperity. The well will provide a community in Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan or The Gambia with fresh, clean water on a daily basis. It will provide an easily accessible source of water for livestock and animals, thereby securing the community’s regular source of income.
Get your fundraising off to a flying start by setting up your own JustGiving page to take online donations, which will be sent straight to Penny Appeal. You can also make the most of your fundraising and training efforts by sharing your story on social media. Don't forget to tag @teamorangepa for shares!
Why join #TeamOrange?
When you join us we’ll provide all of the support you need throughout your journey to Birmingham’s Marathon, right up to your triumphant dash across the finish line!
By joining us you will receive:
- A unique #TeamOrange technical running vest or t-shirt
- #TeamOrange fundraising pack & advice from our friendly & experienced fundraising team
- Online forum to meet fellow #TeamOrange Birmingham International Marathon runners
- #TeamOrange cheer station to give you all the encouragement & support on race day
- Balloons, t-shirts, wristbands, wigs & much more for your friends & family so they can cheer you on in #TeamOrange spirit
- Invitation to #TeamOrange group training sessions
- Opportunities to volunteer with #TeamOrange and take part in various other campaigns, events, and sponsored challenges; including mountain climbs, sky dives, international challenges etc.
For more information on running the Birmingham International Marathon for Penny Appeal contact Haroon our Challenge Events Manager at email@example.com or call 07714 249215.